Weed Control Rules
Everyone knows how to spoil our mood, grown weeds in summer cottages and country houses. And if you do not prevent their growth and prosperity, you can fight them for quite some time and to no avail. There are many ways to deal with these malicious, tenacious, herbal hooligans.
Weed plants are common throughout the globe. Several thousand species of plants related to weeds are known. They drown out cultivated plants, absorbing a large amount of water and nutrients from the soil, which reduces the yield, and in some cases leads to the death of crops.
Basic Weed Control
- Remove weeds before they bloom.
- Do not put weed flowers in compost heaps, as many seeds can ripen in cut form.
- Try to crop and weed only in dry weather. In rainy weather, on moist soil, they can again take root.
- Remove roots of perennial herbs without a trace, as even small pieces remaining in the ground can produce full-fledged plants.
- When buying seedlings and seedlings in containers or with an earthen lump, carefully check them and carefully select the roots of weed plants, otherwise you may bring especially difficult to root to your site.
- If you decide to use herbicides, carefully read the instructions. The herbicides themselves are divided into two categories, continuous action and selective action (chemical weeding). But with the wrong dosage, it can turn into a continuous herbicide.
Attention! Herbicides - a group of chemicals aimed at combating unwanted weeds. It is important to understand that the composition of such drugs is toxic and can adversely affect human health.
The most malicious weeds
Dream - quickly spreads due to the abundance of seeds and buds on the rhizomes. It can be eradicated by digging and thoroughly removing roots, regular mowing and mulching.
On a note. Young leaves are suitable for food. They are added to soups, cabbage soup, borscht, okroshka, salads, as well as pickled, salted.
More information about the dream can be found in the material: Sleep is a malicious weed and a miracle cure.
Nettle - if you do not let her inseminate and not let her in the beds, then she will grow only in the remote corners of the garden. By the way, this plant is able to enrich the soil with nitrogen, silicon, potassium, etc.
Sow Thistle - has a powerful, long root. Pulling out the whole is quite difficult, and a broken piece quickly gives a new plant. But if sow thistles are regularly mowed, it will exhaust it.
Read more about sow thistle in the material: Sow thistle is a malicious weed.
Mokritsa - Able to give several generations of plants over the summer. Therefore, its flowering cannot be allowed. By adding lime to the ground, we strip this weed of acid soil. You can also add spent ash.
Read more about wood lice in the material: Lice is a medicinal weather forecaster.
Wheatgrass - Its roots are able to penetrate up to 1000 cm deep. One weed gives up to 10 thousand seeds, which in a couple of weeks gives sprouts. The best way to deal with it is to dig the earth with a pitchfork and choose the roots.
And what methods of weed control do you know?