Christmas tree - 30 stylish and custom design ideas
Planning the menu, buying products, selecting and searching for gifts, as well as general cleaning before the main holiday of the year, can be tiring. But among all the New Year's bustle, there is one tradition that brings only positive emotions - the decoration of the Christmas tree. In this article, we have prepared a list of designers' recommendations for the successful design of the New Year tree and, of course, many photo examples. Read, watch and let your New Year tree be the most beautiful and elegant!
10 life hacks decorating the Christmas tree from designers
- The place for the Christmas tree should be near the outlet so that you do not have to lay wires through the room, regularly stumbling because of them. If necessary, you can even move the furniture a little. True, modern garlands powered by batteries give complete independence from outlets.
- Often a Christmas tree is placed against a wall. To save square meters, trim the back branches slightly. This will allow you to position the tree closer to the wall, and trimmed branches can be used in the decor.
- Put the Christmas tree in front of the mirror - so it will be visually larger in the house.
- If the tree is real and you need to trim its height, do it from the bottom so as not to lose the triangular shape.
- Professional decorators begin to decorate Christmas trees with LED or electric garlands, in general, with light. So you can distribute it as evenly as possible and make sure that there are no gaps.
- As practice shows, the more light - the more beautiful and richer the Christmas tree looks. Make sure you have enough of it.
- Start decorating the tree from the inside of the tree. First, use plain decorations (they are usually simpler), which will be the basis. Then add more decorative and original New Year's toys.
- Large decorations are usually hung closer to the center of the tree to give it greater depth, smaller decorations - towards the end of the branches.
- If you liked some kind of Christmas toy, buy it in multiples of three. This will keep the balance in the decor.
- Identify glass jewelry dear to your heart or wallet upstairs, so there will be less risk of breaking them.
These are general recommendations to help you decorate any Christmas tree. But the question remains - how to dress up? Even if you are not a decorator or a designer, and you can get a Christmas tree, as in the pictures with stylish interiors in magazines. The main thing is not to decorate it randomly, but to think over the concept and color scheme. You can even draw a preliminary diagram.
Below we show examples of interesting ideas on how to decorate a Christmas tree in a stylish and non-standard way.
1. Only lights
Probably the simplest, but all the same, spectacular option is to decorate the tree with lights only.
2. The Queen Christmas Tree
You can dress the “Queen” from the forest accordingly - with a crown, beads, jewelry similar to earrings, and other “jewels”.
3. Fragrant Christmas tree
The natural decor of citruses, cinnamon, cloves and other aromatic products always not only smells good, but also looks very original.
4. Flowers on a New Year tree
Romantic, a little girlish version of the Christmas tree decoration - with delicate flowers.
5. Minimalism in decorating a Christmas tree
If you are not a fan of festive excesses, minimalistic decor will suit you. This applies to color and the number of decorations. Perhaps this is not the most spectacular tree in the world, but it is very stylish. Especially like lovers of Scandinavian design.
6. Cones on the Christmas tree
Probably the most organic decoration for the New Year tree is cones. They are found in different variations on New Year trees almost always. We propose this time to make them the central element of the decor.
7. Forest tale, not a Christmas tree
If only the cones in the decoration seem small to you, create a real forest fairy tale at home. To do this, add leaves, acorns, branches, birds and other forest inhabitants to the Christmas tree.
See also interesting ideas for decorating the interior for the new year in our material 50 bright ideas for New Year's decor with your own hands.
8. Berry Christmas tree
Tasty and juicy option - berries in the decor. You can support the theme with decorations of a similar shade.
9. Snowy Christmas tree
Even if there is snow outside the window, it does not always look as magical as we would like. But you can easily create a snowy fairy tale at home. White color, fluffy "snowball", individual snowflakes and lights - all that is needed for this.
10. Sea, not forest beauty, Christmas tree
If you dreamed about a trip to hot countries on New Year's holidays, but it did not work out, add a sea breeze to the New Year's decor. Nobody will have such a “warm” Christmas tree anymore.
11. Cards on a New Year tree
Every New Year we received and receive (in a smaller quantity, of course, with the advent of modern technology) postcards from close people. Usually they are stored somewhere far in the closet, and can become a central element in the decoration of our Christmas tree. Their warm wishes will warm better than any batteries.
12. Christmas tree photo album
By a similar principle, you can make a family tree out of the New Year tree. Your favorite photos will help you with this.
13. The most sporting Christmas tree
Sledges, skis, skates and other winter sports equipment - as a decor for lovers of an active way of life.
14. The rustic style of the Christmas tree
Even if you live in a modern apartment on the 25th floor, you can feel in a cozy country house with the help of a rustic-style decor. Wood ornaments are ideal.
15. Bows on the Christmas tree
A Christmas tree decorated with bows looks very elegant. At the same time, you can buy ready-made jewelry bows, or you can take beautiful ribbons and tie them into bows on your own.
16. Christmas tree decor under the "starry night"
We all look forward to New Year's Eve magic. This atmosphere can be transferred to the decor of a fluffy beauty.
17. Textile decorations for the Christmas tree
Textile jewelry is an ideal option for those who have children and pets. Such a decor of felt, as in the photo, looks cozy and outlives even the most active fluffy pranksters.
18. Large jewelry
The case when you can not worry that the decorations will be lost against the background of the Christmas tree.
19. Focus on ribbons
We are used to using ribbons as a complement to the main decor. But what if you do the opposite?
20. "Plaid" on the Christmas tree
Plaid is the most comfortable and homely interior textile. The same effect can be achieved with a festive decor, if you choose the classic print of a plaid - a cage.
See also the photo material of 15 ideas for warm decor, or the Winter hugge-interior with your own hands.
21. Retro style Christmas tree
Ten years ago, many tried to get rid of old toys, which are tired of everything in order. I wanted something new and modern. But time has changed and now such jewelry is back in fashion. So, if you have preserved such treasures on the mezzanines, it's time to get them.
22. One color Christmas tree decor
The most win-win option is to decorate the Christmas tree in one shade. Choose your favorite color or "color of the year."
23. Metallic Christmas tree
The Christmas tree in silver or gold looks very elegant. It is not necessary to choose one thing, they are wonderful combined in the decor.
24. Gradient Christmas tree decor
The original idea is to design a Christmas tree with a gradient effect. For this, choose the same balls of close shades to make the transition smooth.
Make your New Year's table the most delicious with our selection of the 50 best New Year recipes.
25. Decorating a Christmas tree diagonally
To combine different colors, a scheme with diagonal division of color bands looks spectacular.
26. Rainbow Christmas Tree
The brightest idea is rainbow decor.
27. Christmas tree, like ... champagne!
If you are tired of bright colors, try delicate, creamy shades - like champagne splashes.
28. Stylish Christmas tree in the kitchen
You can put a small Christmas tree in the kitchen, because it is there that we spend a lot of time in preparation for the holidays. You can decorate it according to the subject.
29. Soft toys
For the festive decoration of the Christmas tree, you can use not only special Christmas tree decorations, but also ordinary soft ones. And even - just one.
30. Children's Christmas tree
New Year is a holiday for everyone, but children especially love it. If your child has a favorite character from the cartoon, let him become the main character on this year's Christmas tree.
Dear readers! Decorating a Christmas tree is not an obligatory routine, but real entertainment. Prepare snacks and drinks, turn on the music or film that you associate with the New Year holidays, and gather the whole family to decorate the Christmas tree. Together you will get the perfect Christmas tree! And these evenings can be a great family tradition. Happy holidays and a happy New Year!